Learn about your Comprehensive Auto Insurance provided by Onlia

Your car subscription comes with Onlia insurance. Here's what you need to know.

Contact Onlia

If you need to make a claim or have questions about your coverage, contact Onlia's team.

General contact information

For questions about Onlia, your coverage, or other general insurance questions. Core business hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.



Make a claim

To make a claim, call Onlia claims support. Onlia's claims team is available 24/7.


For non-emergencies or questions about existing claims, you can email the Onlia claims team.


Insurance is included with your subscription

Roam simplifies the car experience by including insurance with your car subscription, giving you one less thing to worry about. This is one of the all-inclusive benefits of driving with Roam.

Roam works with a few providers, so make sure you’re on the right page. If your coverage is provided by Onlia, you’re on the right page.

If your coverage is provided by Northbridge Insurance, click here.

If you’e not sure, contact Roam’s team.


What coverage do I get through Onlia insurance?

There are certain coverages required by law that every driver in Ontario needs when it comes to auto insurance:

Third-party Liability ($2,000,000)

Protects you when you’re responsible for an auto accident in which someone else is injured, killed, or has their property damaged.

Accident Benefits

Covers certain aspects of injuries to you/your passengers because of an automobile accident.

Direct Compensation – Property Damage (DCPD)

Covers damage to your vehicle when you’re in an accident that’s not your fault.

Uninsured Automobile

If you're in a collision where the other driver is at-fault but doesn't have insurance, we'll cover the damage to your vehicle.

Family Protection

While this is not required by law, we think it's too important not to include. If you or a family member is hurt in a collision caused by a driver who is underinsured, we'll cover the difference up to your coverage limit.

Onlia insurance comes standard with all the coverage you need to drive legally, plus Collision and Comprehensive coverage (also called "full coverage").


Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle if you get into a collision with another object. You'll be financially protected if your vehicle is damaged after:

  • a collision with another vehicle
  • hitting a fixed object like a pole, wall, fence, etc.
  • rolling your vehicle (e.g. by skidding on ice)

If an event like this occurs, Collision covers the costs associated with towing, repairing, or replacing the vehicle up to its current value.


Comprehensive includes coverage for the unexpected stuff:

  • fire
  • theft
  • vandalism
  • falling objects (hail, trees, alien spaceships, etc.)
  • flood
  • lightning
  • explosions
  • hail
  • earthquake

Where am I covered to drive?

If you are thinking of taking a road trip, you can drive your vehicle anywhere in Canada or the continental United States.

Am I covered for a rental car?

Our Enhanced Rental Automobile Package is included in your policy. Rental car coverage includes two benefits:

1. Coverage for rentals

If your vehicle is getting fixed or replaced due to a loss you’re covered for, we’ll provide a rental vehicle similar to the one you drive while you wait for your claim to be resolved (up to $2,500 in total).

2. Coverage for rentals when you’re travelling

Your policy’s coverage – including the physical damage options on your policy – will be extended to cars you rent when you’re travelling within Canada and the U.S. for up to 30 days. Note a few restrictions: the rental vehicle can't weigh more than 4,500 kg, needs to cost less than $75,000 and can't be used for deliveries. ​

My windshield cracked. Is this covered?

Damage to your windshield that’s caused by something other than a collision – a crack caused by a flying stone, for example – is covered under your Comprehensive coverage.

Need to make a claim? Call Onlia at 1-844-472-7901.

Choose option 2 for claims, followed by option 3 for glass claims.

Where can I find my coverage details and limits?

You can find your coverage details and limits in your Certificate of Insurance, which you should have received by email when you signed up with Onlia Insurance. Need more information? Contact our team at: 1-647-360-9640.

What is my deductible?

A deductible is the self-insured portion of the claim. Which basically means, how much you pay first before insurance kicks in. If your vehicle is damaged by something you’re covered for, the deductible is the amount of money that’s adjusted on the settlement.

Your Onlia policy has a $1,500 deductible, but on the documents received from Onlia Insurance it will be shown as a $5,000 deductible for both collision and comprehensive. This does not mean that you will have to pay $5,000 in case of a claim. Onlia and Roam use the $5,000 deductible amount to configure your policy so you get a lower monthly insurance payment compared to a lower deductible. But don't worry, your actual deductible is still $1,500, and any amount above that will be covered by Roam.


How do I report a claim?

If you need to make a claim, please call us at 1-844-472-7901. We’ll make sure that you’re taken care of. You can report emergency claims 24/7.

For non-emergencies or questions about existing claims, you can email us at [email protected].

It’s useful to have the following information on hand. The more information you can provide up front, the faster we can help you.

  • Report from the Collision Reporting Centre or the police.
  • Vehicle info, licence plate number, insurance and contact info of the other party.
  • Photos of the damage / scene.
  • Receipts for any out-of-pocket expenses.
  • Receipts for any lost or damaged items.

Once you have finished the process of reporting your claim, you will receive an email confirmation of the report, along with a claims reference number.

Do you offer 24/7 claims service?

Onlia's claims team is available 24/7. If you're in an emergency and need to report a claim right away, rest assured that you can do so any time of day. To report a claim, call us at 1-844-472-7901.

When do I need to report a collision to the police?

You must report a collision to the police if one of the following scenarios apply:

  • A person is injured (even slightly).
  • The total value of damages to property is over $2,000. It’s not often that you’ll have an accident where the total damage is under $2,000 because you need to take into consideration both the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved. Don’t forget any peripheral damage, like a streetlight, fences, mailbox, etc.
  • When the collision was caused by a cyclist, or vehicle hitting an open door on your vehicle – irrespective of injuries or the value of the damages.

In most cases, the police will ask you to visit a collision reporting centre to report your accident. Rules differ by municipally, so make sure you follow the due process as requested by the police.

If the third party is unknown, you must get a police report within 24 hours of the damages since this could impact your coverage. Instances include hit-and-runs, single-vehicle collisions and damages whilst the vehicle is parked.

If your driving takes you outside of Ontario, the rules of the road may change. Contact the local authorities to confirm what to do in case of an accident.

What do I do if my car needs a tow?

Need a tow? We’d recommend that you give us a call at 1-844-472-7901 and we can point you in the right direction. If you have the right coverages in place, this may be covered as part of your claim.

The towing industry can be confusing when it comes to charges and fees, especially when a police officer tells you to move your car and an eager tow truck is ready to hook up your vehicle. Take a look at this informative blog to make sure you know your rights when you need a tow.

Policy Changes

How do I update my personal details? (name, address, phone number)

Give us a call at 1-647-360-9640 and our Support team will take it from there.

Can I add or remove coverage on my policy?

No, you can’t add or delete coverage to your policy. Onlia policies come standard with all the coverage you need to drive legally in Ontario, plus Collision and Comprehensive coverage (also called "full coverage").

You’ll be all set to hit the road!

How do I add a driver to my insurance policy?

Give us a call at 1-647-360-9640 and our Support team will take it from there.

Policy Documents

Where can I find my policy documents?

You should have received your Certificate of Insurance when you signed up with Onlia Insurance. Need a new copy? Contact our team at 1-647-360-9640.

I lost my pink slip. Can I get a new copy?

Contact our Customer Support team at 1-647-360-9640 and we’ll get you a new one.

Exclusive savings on Onlia insurance for Roam subscribers

Current and former Roam subscribers get exclusive access to a 5% discount on home and auto insurance with Onlia.

Learn more
Onlia insurance