Roam's Vehicle Insurance Policy
Everything you need to know about your coverage while being a Roam member
Your Roam car subscription comes with comprehensive auto insurance included. Here’s what you need to know about the insurance policy on your car:
- We offer all perils coverage, which covers you for things like collisions, vehicle theft, and major damage to your vehicle.
- The policy has a maximum combined limited liability of $2,000,000.
- There is a $2,500 deductible for any insurance claim for vehicles under $50,000. Vehicles over $50,000 have a $5000 deductible
- Your insurance coverage begins on the start date of your subscription and terminates on the end date of your subscription.
What Roam routine maintenance covers
Your Roam car subscription comes with routine maintenance included. We take care of the following:
- Routine vehicle inspections
- Oil changes
- Break replacements
- Minor scratches due to normal wear and tear
- Unexpected mechanical failures such as malfunctioning breaks, lights, power windows, or other electrical systems
What we don’t cover
- Flat tires and rim damage
- Windshield cracks and chips
- Interior damage such as rips in fabrics or scratches on leather, stains, strong odors from pets or smoking
- Major at-fault damage including but not limited to submerging the vehicle in water, damaging the engine due to excessive driving without maintenance and damage due to neglect
Roam’s transparent, profit-free damage pricing process
In the event that your vehicle has been damaged, we will provide you a competitive price to have the damages repaired. To provide you with the best price possible, we have made it a policy to not profit from the repair work. We simply pass the cost onto you so you can rest assured that you’re getting a good price.
We handle the repairs
In the event there is major damage to your vehicle, we will work with our service partners to get the repairs done and get you back in your vehicle as quickly as possible.
Locating your insurance slip
Your insurance slips are located in the glove compartment on the passenger side of your vehicle. In the event that you’re stopped by police, they will likely ask you for your insurance slip. You can also find this in your Roam Dashboard.
Can I opt out of Roam’s insurance since my credit card covers rental cars?
No. The fine print of credit cards states that they do not cover rentals beyond a few days. Furthermore, our insurance is a blanket policy that covers all vehicles so we cannot remove individual vehicles.
The deductible on our insurance plan is $2,500, which means that the customer will have to pay $2,500 in the case of a claim. For vehicles over $50,000, the deductible is $5,000.
I have credit card insurance? Am I covered?
You are required to pay the minimum deductible if you are involved in any accident or have damage outstanding on your vehicle. If you pay your deductible with a credit card that has coverage or reimbursement for insurance payouts relating to vehicle damage, you may raise a claim with your credit card provider after the Roam deductible has been paid. Please refer to your credit card company for details and coverage. Damage to Vehicles
Normal wear and tear
Where in tear for driving is expected while you have your vehicle. Similar to when you lease a car, small scratches less than 2 inches are considered normal wear and tear. However, rips or stained seats, deep scratches, curb rash, paint transfers, and dings or dents larger than 1 inch are not considered normal wear and tear. Let’s avoid surprises together, and let us know of any damage or incident here:
If you find yourself in an accident please dial 911 immediately. Your safety is the first priority! If you have an emergency or a question that requires immediate assistance, please call 877-340-1737. All vehicle damage or incident must be reported to a Roam customer support rep to assist you. Our operating business hours are Monday-Friday, 9AM - 5PM.